JaymeKnits

Monday, February 06, 2006

Pictures!!!

I finally got the camera out and took some pictures this weekend. I was motivated by a big purchase this weekend but you will have to wait until at least tomorrow for a picture of it. I feel morally obligated to show you this first:


This is my first wheel. She doesn't have a name yet. I got her in October as a very early Christmas present. She usually lives in my living room but has been visiting the basement due to the construction upstairs. She is a Kromski Minstel with a mahogany finish.

I am currently spinning some Alpaca/Tussah Silk that I got at the Virginia Fall Fiber festival.

This will hopefully become a lace weight 2 ply. I say hopefully for many reasons. First, is that this is my first time spinning lace weight so it may be more like fingering weight. Second and worst is that I only have 2.4 ounces of this fiber. I thought when I started that I had 4 ounces, enough for a small shawl, but I don't. If I can't get more of the same blend I'll settle for a pure alpaca for the second ply and it should work out fine.

I took some other pictures of the great weekend I had but you'll have to wait until I reveal them later this week. I'm going to have my Lasik tomorrow and I still don't have a working computer at home so I'm going to try o set up a time released post. If it doesn't work you may even have to wait until next week.