JaymeKnits

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

The Results

I don't think I mentioned this here but I just got back from vegas and I'm still recovering. I think I slept maybe 4 or 5 hours a night (morning actually) while there. We had a ton of fun but it will probably take me a while to recover. I have pictures and will tell you about the trip later in the week.

As for the poll results, they were very interesting I watched them carefuly it started with one vote for the CTH. Then about 11 for the handspun with silk and then there was another shift and we now havea final total of 13 for the handspun with silk, 6 for the handspun alone, 6 for the CTH, and one vote for other.

So I think I made a decision that will please my pal. Since she doesn't like tall socks I think I can knit her 2 pairs, one handspun with silk and one CTH. I will even have enough yarn from both to easily make myself some too (either short ones or with contrasting heels/toes).

That gives me 6 weeks for 2 pairs of socks and spinning for one sock. The spinning is maybe 1/3 of the way done for the second sock and should maybe take another week. I usually can knit 1 sock a week so I should have time to spare, especially since they will be short socks. The CTH socks will have some lace and the handspun/silk ones will be more plain to let the sheen of the silk stand out.