JaymeKnits

Friday, April 21, 2006

Irrational Irregular Knitting

My knitting lately has been fairly sporadic and uncontrolled. I started the CTH Sockapaloooza socks. I have one sock done and one almost ready for a heel (toe up). At that point I decided I had plenty of time and started a pair of socks for me. They are a viny leafy lace pattern in Schaeffer Anne. I love them (well it actually).

At the same time as all of this I was spinning up the rest of the yarn for the 2nd sock pal sock. I realized when I finished that there was no way I could knit socks for my sock pal out of the handspun I had spun. It wasn't going to be enough yarn. I had completely underestimated the amount of yarn for her foot size. I have small fairly narrow feet, hers are bigger in both dimensions.

So we are down to only one pair for my sock pal with 1.5 finished socks, and 2 weeks to finish. This is easy, I'll set aside my socks and knit the other half of hers... That was until this morning. I woke up with a completely irrational NEED to knit myself a new top for Maryland Sheep and Wool. I grabbed yarn and needles out of the stash before work. I knit a swatch at lunch. Hopefully by the time I get home it will tell me what type of tank top it wants to be. If not I'll have to swatch with a different yarn (yes, the swatch usually tells me what it wants to be, and no, I don't think this is crazy).

So lets do the math here, 2 weeks-1 tank top - .5 socks = ?? Also in that time I have set a deadline for all the final kitchen stuff to be finished (except the cabinet doors which are beyond my control, we can talk about that fiasco later), and I have to clean the house for my sister who is coming to visit for MDSW (I don't have to but cleaning for guests is the only reason my house ever really gets fully cleaned all at once).

Oh, and I started karate a couple weeks ago which is 2-3 days a week which means I have less free time than did. (I'm not complaining about this. I'm really liking karate, its fun, challenging, and I'm already noticing an increase in strength and flexibility, and a decrease in my hips)

Oh and work is a bit crazy, in multiple way but primarily because we have a huge new web application set to go live on June 6.

Anyone out there know where I could buy a few extra weeks worth of time?